In our journey towards mindfulness and inner growth, we may experience moments of doubt and frustration. Scratch that, you WILL face moments of doubt and frustration. It’s inevitable when you’re doing the hard work to better understand yourself.
I’m going to get real with you today. I’ve had some very out-of-character angry outbursts lately that have made me feel like I’ve made no progress. I’ve felt like my mindful life is a complete lie and that I’m a fraud for posting all this “be kind to yourself and others” content. I’ve been so disappointed and worried that I hadn’t actually changed after all this work. Maybe I am still the old high-strung, anal-retentive, not-easy-going Beth I used to be.
How Mindset Changes Your Perspective On Life
I went through a really rough couple of weeks with those feelings. I felt like I was broken. I didn’t know who I was, just walking around in a daze doing the daily tasks, unsure of where I should go next. I was tempted to give up completely on my mindfulness and meditation practice and teachings, like I so often have done in the past when the doubt was taking over. I’ve given up on a lot of things in the past.
Something was different this time, though. In looking forward, I simply could not imagine my life without it. I couldn’t fathom giving up on everything I’ve worked so hard towards in these past years, both within myself, and the advice I’ve given others. I looked at my blog, my streaming meditations, and my social media accounts, and I just could not give it up. Not this time.
We’ve been through too much to give up now, Beth.
Finding Proof of Inner Growth
The more I took the time and was able to reflect on it, the more I realized those feelings of doubt were not true in the slightest. I HAVE CHANGED. So much, in fact! First of all, the fact that I am more self-aware when things are triggering me, and that I’m actually able to be more outspoken in my anger towards something instead of keeping it bottled up, and that I can feel what is happening inside instead of moving on autopilot through life is amazing progress. I’m so proud of that.
Second of all, I thought about everything I mentioned above. When we question our progress, wondering if we’re living up to the ideals we share with others, it’s just us giving in to the fear. The imposter syndrome, the idea that we’re not allowed to have off days, or feel sadness. There’s no basis for those feelings. As I constantly teach in my meditations, you just gotta let that sh*t go! Do not believe everything that goes through your head.
I had to re-teach that lesson to myself in those rough weeks.
Unique Mindfulness Considerations In Life
Let’s embrace authenticity and recognize that change happens even amidst angry outbursts and moments of disappointment. Change is happening, and you’re doing amazing. Never forget that. Dive into the reality of inner transformation with me, exploring the paradoxes and challenges that arise along the way.
- Recognizing the Journey: It’s important to acknowledge that the path to mindfulness and self-improvement is not linear. We may stumble, experience setbacks, and have angry outbursts. These moments do not invalidate our progress or make us frauds. By recognizing the ups and downs of our journey, we cultivate self-compassion and create space for growth.
- Evolving Self-Awareness: As we reflect on our anger and frustrations, we realize that our increased self-awareness is a sign of progress. The fact that we can identify triggers, express our emotions, and understand what’s happening within us is a testament to our growth. Mindfulness allows us to be present with our experiences, even when they are challenging.
- Embracing the Authentic Mindful Path: We must let go of the notion that mindfulness guarantees a life free from anger or stress. Mindful individuals still get mad, and those who meditate experience stress. The authentic mindful path encompasses the full spectrum of human experiences. It’s about developing a resilient mindset that allows us to navigate and learn from our emotions, rather than suppressing or denying them.
- Unleashing The Hidden Side of Life: Embracing our true selves can be an uncomfortable process. It requires us to face the aspects of ourselves that we’ve tried to hide for so long. However, it is through this willingness to explore the hidden side of life that profound change can occur. By accepting and understanding our flaws and vulnerabilities, we open ourselves up to transformative growth.
- The Power of Change: Change is possible when we are ready to face the truth about ourselves and confront our hidden aspects. It may be a challenging and sometimes painful process, but it is through this introspection that we can grow, evolve, and embrace our authentic selves. Change requires courage, self-compassion, and a commitment to ongoing self-discovery.
In our mindful journey, it’s crucial to remember that progress is not linear, and setbacks do not define us. We are allowed to experience anger, frustration, and other challenging emotions. By embracing authenticity and accepting the truth about ourselves, we create space for transformative change. Let’s honor our progress, navigate the hidden aspects of life, and continue to grow and evolve with self-compassion and determination.
The truth about who we are can be a hard pill to swallow. It reveals the things about us that we’ve tried to hide away for so long. Our relationship with ourselves can be brutal, but change can happen if you’re willing to face the parts of you that you’ve hidden away and let yourself experience life fully.
Thanks for reading! Let’s connect on LinkedIn and share our expertise and experiences! I’m all about learning from one another and what we have to give.
I am a seasoned branding strategist and SEO expert. I write about productivity, stress relief, and harnessing self-awareness for personal and professional growth. Join the exclusive community with the newsletter by subscribing below!