I often attend events for work and post updates throughout the event on social media. Live tweeting was the original form of this, but now that we’re into live streaming on all platforms, there are so many ways to do this. And the good news is that it’s getting easier. Much easier!
Long gone are the days of holding your phone up for twenty minutes trying to capture the perfect 10 second video of a keynote speech. How many of us have been cut off by a Snapchat just as the speaker was getting to the good part. And then you delete the video, start a new one as fast as possible, but the moment is gone. You missed it. The quote that will go viral was stuck in the space between your 10 second videos. Your viewers will never know how amazing the speaker is that you’re watching live…and neither will you because you were too preoccupied with capturing this video! Life is so unfair.
Thankfully, our beloved app developers have listened and made improvements. Now you can record those videos in your normal video app, edit them to get that fabulous quote, and then send them to your social media apps in just a few easy steps.
- Open Instagram Stories.
- Swipe up on the screen.
- Select pictures and videos from your camera roll (this only allows you to do this with things captured within the last 24 hours)…and voila!
- Open up the Snapchat camera window.
- Click on the small circle below the capture button to access “Memories”.
- Click on “Camera Roll” to access your saved pictures and videos.
- Click the small check mark with a circle on the top right of the screen and select the moments you’d like to add to your story.
- Click the arrow at the bottom right corner to then add to your story or send to your friends.